Our experts recommend hiring a professional roofing contractor to inspect your roof. It’s safer, especially if you’re uncomfortable getting on a roof or if you’re not sure what to look for.
Still, beware of contractors who go door-to-door soliciting inspections, especially after a storm. That’s how many homeowners get scammed. Check reviews on Home Stars Roofing Companies List to find a reputable company that is locally owned and operated. These companies have more ties to the community and are likely to stand behind their work.
What’s included in a roof inspection?
If you’re paying a professional to inspect your roof, it should include the following.
• An examination of the overall appearance of the roof, including the interior to determine if there’s a surface deterioration or physical damage.
• Evidence of ceiling cracks and leaks inside your home.
• Condition of fascia, gutters and drains, skylights, chimneys, and roof vents.
• Curled, broken, or missing shingles.
• Areas where water may collect, like roof valleys.
• Damaged or missing flashing points.
Roof inspection tips
• Look for shingles that are buckling, curling, or blistering; this indicates the end of the shingles’ life expectancy.
• Spot any loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes and other penetrations.
• Identify excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters; granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays.
• Check for soft spots on the roof. This may indicate damaged plywood that needs replacing.
Veronica Contracting roofing experts can also help you to choose the right color of your shingles providing the free roofing estimate for your home in Toronto & GTA.
#roofinginspection #roofcontractors #roofingtoronto #roofrepair #roofingservicestoronto
#roofingcompaniesoakvile #roofrepairnorthyork #shinglesemergencyrepair #insuranceclaimrepair
#roofingrepaircompany #roofingcontractor #roofingcompany #expertroofinspection #roofingestimation #roofingcontractorsrichmondhill #roofingestimatetoronto #roofingservicetoronto #reroofingtoronto #roofmaintenance #bestshingles #shinglesinstalation #shinglesmaterials #roofingtypes #roofingshinglesrepair #asphaltshingles #roofingcompanies #roofingcontractorsrichmondhill #roofingcompanies